Sunday, June 14, 2015

Egg Breakfast

I love breakfast....actually I really just love food and breakfast is the first chance of the day to get access to the food I love! Since switching to a healthier lifestyle and not eating as much sugar I haven't made yummy foods like pancakes, waffles, bacon, etc. So I've had to find a new favorite, and that favorite is the recipe you will find below. SO simple, I mean honestly if you can cook an egg you can have this delectable breakfast! My husband says it looks like something you would see an alien eating.......My husband is picky about food (sometimes worse than my 2 year old). Anyway, don't focus too much on the picture...just close your eyes and imagine the taste. It's good? You have no idea! Try it! You'll thank me! If you're doing the 21 day fix this equals up to 1 yellow, 1/2 blue, 1 red (note: this picture is only of one egg...but I normally have 2 which would equal up to one red container)

Open Faced Egg Breakfast Sandwich
2 Eggs
1 Piece Whole Wheat Toast
1 tbs Guacamole (or just plain avocado sprinkled with salt)

1. Whip out that frying pan and put it over medium heat. Spray the pan with your favorite cooking spray. Crack eggs onto pan. Did the yolk break? GREAT! If it didn't break the yolks with a fork and get them to spread over the white part of the egg (it's easier than it sounds, I promise). Season with salt and pepper. Flip eggs over and cook other side. 
2. Put your toast in the toaster and get it as crispy as you would like. When its done pull it out and spread the guacamole/avocado over the toast. Put eggs on top and enjoy this delicious, amazing, to die for breakfast sandwich! It also keep you full forever, so thats a bonus!

Note: You can put whatever you want on this! You can add cheese (which would pull it up to 1 full blue if you're doing 21 day fix), peppers, turkey bacon, etc. Whats your favorite variation? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment