Sunday, June 14, 2015

Delicious Roast

My family is filled with serious meat eaters. My husband and I grew up with a roast every Sunday and so I knew I had to carry on the tradition once we got married. While some Sundays I switch it up just to keep everyone on their toes, I do really love a good juicy roast at the end of a long Sunday day.
My husband says the roast is the best he's ever had...maybe he's just trying to keep me on his good side. Try it out and tell me what you think! (PS...when I took this photo the filter was on and I didn't realize until long after dinner was done and I can't take the filter off since it's technically the "original" so don't be weirded out that the color is a little bit off haha.)

Sunday Roast
1 Roast (Around 2 pounds for this recipe, adjust the recipe as needed)
1 tsp Fresh Minced Garlic
1 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Pepper
1 White Onion Sliced (cut this any way you would like. I like to do onion ring type slices so they are easy to pull off because my kids won't eat onions).


1. Do you have a crockpot? Good. That thing should be your best friend! Besides your spouse...sibling...parent...legitimate best friend...etc. Place the roast in the crock pot and add about an inch of water to the pot, this doesn't have to be exact so don't stress it! Sprinkle seasonings on top of roast evenly, add garlic on top of the roast, and top the whole thing with the onion slices.
2. Cook in crock pot for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. I like to let mine cook until it's practically falling apart.

Note: If you want to do crock pot carrots or potatoes add carrots around the roast in the crock pot 2-3 hours before roast is done. If you want to do potatoes quarter them and add them around roast about 2 hours before roast is done. In this picture we had a basic steamed cauliflower and I did mashed potatoes to please the children. Whats your favorite way to cook a roast? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment