Saturday, June 13, 2015

Asparagus Salad - 21 Day Fix

I had the BEST salad today. I'm a little tired of romaine and spinach and needed to mix it up. My mom sent me this recipe and I tweaked it a little bit to fit the 21 day fix measurements. This salad was so fresh and light but had so much great taste to it. My husband wouldn't touch it because "It had too much green in it." But even my 2 year old ate it and liked it! Make this some time this week and you will be thanking me! Check out the basic recipe below and then see my notes for some fun variations!
For the 21 day fix this recipe will take 1 Green 1 Orange 1/2 Blue
Asparagus Salad 
10 Spears Asparagus- Washed
Cucumber Slices (I used about 4 and chopped them up smaller)
Broccoli Florets (I used 4 florets)
1 tbs Feta Cheese
1/2 tbs Fresh or Dried Basil Leaves
1/4 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
2 tsp Lemon Juice
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste


1. Boil 3 cups water in a pot. When water reaches a boil stick asparagus in for about 1 minute (you don't want to overcook this). When you pull out asparagus run it under cold water for another minute to stop the cooking process. Cut it into pieces and stick it in the fridge to help cool it down.

2. Mix olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper, and basil leaves in bowl. Set aside. Chop up other vegetables to preferred size (I like mine cut into super small bites). Add asparagus in with vegetables and then add cheese. Top with 1 orange container of the dressing. There will be plenty of dressing left over for you to make this salad another day if you would like. The vegetables equaled out 1 green container so I didn't have any vegetables left over, but I did have dressing. Enjoy!

Notes: This recipe is so versatile you could do so much with it. You can add or subtract any vegetables that you would like and swap out feta cheese for another cheese you love (feta is my cheese love right now). You can also add some avocado and equal the salad out to fill 1 whole blue.
Have you tried this salad? Leave a comment and let me know what you thought! I would also love to hear any variations you have tried or would like to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment